This Sub Skill Module is for those people giving an induction of health and safety principles to new personnel and the person credited with this Sub Skill Module is able to explain the duties of both the employees and employers with regard to Occupational Safety and Heath in the workplace.
Learners will be able to understand the requirements that apply to persons entering the workplace and performing any duties therein as well as the requirements for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), housekeeping and emergency procedures that apply to the workplace.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining both employer and employee duties with regard to occupational safety and health in the workplace.
- Explaining the general safety rules in a workplace.
- Explaining the use and application of Personal Protective Equipment in a workplace.
- Explaining the need for good housekeeping in the workplace.
- Explaining and applying emergency procedures in the workplace.