*Each Module can be purchased individually.
This Qualification is to equip learners working in any type of workplace with a broad understanding and knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) concepts and practices with sufficient detail to enable them to function in a safe and healthy way and to deal with health and safety problems and issues. It will also contribute to the further development of learners within this environment by providing articulation, recognition and mobility within this dynamic and changing environment.
A learner acquiring this Qualification will be able to:
- Use verbal and written practices to communicate in the workplace and apply mathematical processes to solve everyday numerical problems.
- Explain the requirements of current legislation impacting on Health, Safety and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Recognise, assess and report health and safety hazards and situations in the workplace.
- Administer various health and safety functions, planning, policy and behaviors in the workplace.
Qualifying learners will be able to show responsibility, and independently and effectively manage themselves in the workplace regarding generic health and safety issues. Learners will be able to identify and evaluate occupational safety, health and environmental factors, in occupational environments, which may have a detrimental effect on health and safety of people in such environments.
Learners credited with this Qualification are able to perform essential measurements and functions that promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace.
This Full Qualification Consists of the following Sub Skill Modules:
- Sub Skill Module 2 Explain basic health and safety principles in and around the workplace.
- Sub Skill Module 18 Apply health and safety to a work area.
- Sub Skill Module 20 Demonstrate knowledge and use of hand operated fire fighting equipment.
- Sub Skill Module 36 Apply environmental management tools to assess impacts.
- Sub Skill Module 46 Conduct a continuous risk assessment in a workplace.
- Sub Skill Module 47 Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to fires in working places.
- Sub Skill Module 53 Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to the preparation, conducting, recording and follow-up actions of a planned task observation in a working place.
- Sub Skill Module 60 Provide risk-based primary emergency care/first aid in the workplace.
- Sub Skill Module 62 Demonstrate knowledge of the most common harmful gases and vapors.
- Sub Skill Module 74 Explain emergency preparedness and response procedures.
- Sub Skill Module 75 Describe the need for illumination in a workplace.
- Sub Skill Module 76 Participate in the implementation and evaluation of a safety and health management programme in the workplace.
- Sub Skill Module 78 Describe sources of and control measures for noise in a work place.
- Sub Skill Module 79 Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the work place.
- Sub Skill Module 80 Demonstrate an understanding of occupational hygiene Sub Skill Module 81 Conduct preliminary investigations into workplace health, safety and environmental incident.
- Sub Skill Module 82 Conduct workplace occupational health and safety (OHS) inspections.
- Sub Skill Module 83 Maneuver materials safely by hand in a work place.
- Sub Skill Module 84 Manage the prevention of fatigue in the work place.
- Sub Skill Module 85 Control workplace hazards and risks.
- Module 2: Explain basic health and safety principles in and around the workplace
- Module 18: Health and Safety in a work area
- Module 20: Demonstrate Knowledge and use of Hand Operated Fire Fighting Equipment
- Module 36: Apply Environmental Management Tools to Assess Impacts
- Module 46: Conduct a Continuous Risk Assessment in a Workplace
- Module 47: Demonstrate Knowledge pertaining to Fires in the Working Places
- Module 53: Preparation, Conducting, Recording and Follow-up Actions of Task Observation
- Module 60: Provide risk-based primary emergency care/first aid in the workplace
- Module 62: Demonstrate knowledge of the most common harmful gases and vapors
- Module 74: Emergency Preparedness and Response Procedures
- Module 75: Describe the need for illumination in a workplace
- Module 76: Safety and Health Management programme in the workplace
- Module 78: Describe Sources of and Control Measures for Noise in a Work Place
- Module 79: Safety, Health and Environmental Requirements in the work place
- Module 80: Demonstrate an Understanding of Occupational Hygiene
- Module 81: Investigations into Workplace Health and Safety
- Module 82: Conduct Workplace Occupational Health and Safety Inspections
- Module 83: Manoeuvre Materials in a Work Place
- Module 84: Manage the prevention of fatigue in the work place
- Module 85: Control Workplace Hazards and Risks