*Each Module can be purchased individually.
People with this skills programme comply with the Fall-of-Ground regulations promulgated by the Minister of Minerals and Energy.
The regulations require a competent person to examine and make safe a workplace (Competent Person A) and determine that such competence will vest in a candidate having achieved the requirements of the relevant skills programme registered with the Mining Qualifications Authority.
This Skills Programme Consists of the following Sub Skill Modules:
- Sub Skill Module 61 Demonstrate knowledge of the geological nature of surface extraction sites.
- Sub Skill Module 68 Examine and make safe non-blasted surface excavations.
- Sub Skill Module 69 Demonstrate an understanding of support methods in surface mines and quarries.
- Sub Skill Module 71 Examine and make safe blasted Surface excavations.
- Sub Skill Module 79 Verify compliance to safety, health and environmental requirements in the work place.
- Sub Skill Module 82 Conduct workplace occupational health and safety (OHS) inspections.
- Sub Skill Module 430 Perform basic fire fighting.
- Module 61: Demonstrate knowledge of the geological nature of surface excavation sites
- Module 68: Examine and make safe non-blasted surface excavations
- Module 69: Demonstrate an understanding of support methods in surface mines and quarries
- Module 71: Examine and make safe blasted Surface excavations
- Module 79: Safety, Health and Environmental Requirements in the work place
- Module 82: Conduct Workplace Occupational Health and Safety Inspections
- Module 430: Perform Basic Fire Fighting